Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

MY bENGAL CAT HAS A SWOLLEN RIGHT LEG. SHE CANNOT USE THE…

Customer Question
MY bENGAL CAT HAS...

MY bENGAL CAT HAS A SWOLLEN RIGHT LEG. SHE CANNOT USE THE LEG, SHE DRAGS IT. SHE EATS, DRINKS WATER AND GOES TO THE

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. How old is CAT?

13, HOWEVER I THINK THAT SOMEONE MAY HAVE STEPPED ON HER

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about CAT?

SHE IS VERY FRIENDLY, TALKATIVE AND HAS BEEN EXTREMELY HEALTHY UP UNTIL NOW.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
11/26/2017
Cat Veterinarian: Dr. B., Cat Veterinarian replied 7 months ago
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Cat Veterinarian

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.

How long has she had these signs?

Is the whole leg swollen or just a part of it?

Does it feel fluidy or leave little pits in the skin when you press?

If you feel up and down the leg, any sore spots, bruising, or bony crunching?

Any discomfort when you flex and extend each joint?

Can you take a photo so I can see what you are seeing? To post it, you can use the paper clip button on the tool bar above the text box (last icon). Or if you cannot see that, then post it on any site (ie Flickr, Photobucket, Imgr Instagram, etc) & paste the link here for me.