Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

My cat, who is feral but lives in the basement in the

Customer Question
My cat, who is...

My cat, who is feral but lives in the basement in the winter, as developed a problem with her eyes. She has been losing hair around her eyes, they seem to be swollen, infected and not clear. She has had fleas, anothe reason why she is kept and in the basement; she is very skittish and I am unable to pick her up or hold her for a vet's analysis. Can you reccomend anything?

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. Using the wrong medication for fleas can be dangerous. You should definitely talk to the Veterinarian. What is the cat's name and age?

She is probably at least 15, has had one littler of kittens, but aside from the initial medications (rabies, etc) when she was spayed, no other medical attention, which would be hard to administer anyway. Real problem-- although I had thought of immobilizing her with a large towel and treating her that way when she was not running away.

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the cat's name?

Sheba

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Sheba?

If fleas can carry germs that can affect the eyes.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
11/25/2017
Cat Veterinarian: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 7 months ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

I am very sorry to see that none of our other Experts have reached out to you before now. I just came online and found that your question had not been addressed. How is your companion at this time? Can you share pictures of what you're seeing?