Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

Her area is very tender and she doesn't sit down all the way…

Customer Question
Her butt area is...

Her butt area is very tender and she doesn't sit down all the way and she is walking very gingerly. I did not see any redness visable but if I press near her anus it seems to be extended behind her tail. She hasn't pooped today but has been drinking water a little and eating a little, not as much as she usually does though

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. Did the cat have a fall?

I am not aware of her falling

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the cat's name and age?

Lily and she is around 7

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Lily?

We took her to a vet a few months ago for puking up hairballs all the time, and they gave her some special food and probiotics,

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
11/25/2017
Cat Veterinarian: Dr. Beth, Cat Veterinarian replied 7 months ago
Dr. Beth
Dr. Beth, Cat Veterinarian

Hi, I'm Dr. Beth and I'll do my best to help you today! To make sure I don't miss anything, please give me a moment to review your question - I am not the fastest typist so it may take me a few moments to type out a response.

Thank you for trusting us with your questions, this service is used for general information only and is not a substitute for a veterinarian patient relationship by examination.

I'm sorry Lily is having some trouble - have you seen her in the litter box trying to go at all today?

When you clean the litter box, is her poop usually little nuggets or longer pieces?