Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

I have a cat and I took him to the vet but they're charging…

Customer Question
I have a cat...

I have a cat and I took him to the vet but they're charging way too much I don't know if he has a broken leg or what's going on he's eating he's walking if he's hurt can heal on its own without being checked I can't afford $1,000 right now

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. Did the cat have a fall?

I'm not sure I didn't see what exactly what happened I don't know if he got hit by car or if he fell off a tree or but he's not acting like he got hit by a car he's not in pain he's not crying he's not weeping and he's letting me touch him and he tries to walk you just sleeping a lot

Veterinarian's Assistant: It might be a fracture. The Expert will know what to do. What is the cat's name and age?

Name spot had him for about a year see you in a half

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the cat?

No he's a perfectly good cat I just wish I had the money I can't pay that much and I feel full and I've called everywhere to see if somebody would do payments with me but nobody is willing to

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
11/24/2017
Cat Veterinarian: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 7 months ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

I am very sorry to see that none of our other Experts have reached out to you before now. I just came online and found that your question had not been addressed. How is your companion at this time?

That's ok could u answer my question please

Billing is no longer a popular option for many vets. A few more rural vets may still offer billing options for long-term clients but most do not because so many people don't pay their bill. Another option you have is looking at financial aid and financing the bill. Below are some organizations to contact to see if they will pay for part of the bill. Your companion is going to need x-rays, first off, to determine if there is a break. If this has happened, the limb may not heal on it's own. Severe or multiple breaks often do not heal, particularly with crushing-type injuries.

I would contact the following organizations for information on financial aid:

Red Rover: https://redrover.org/find-financial-assistance-veterinary-care

Best friends: http://bestfriends.org/resources/financial-aid-pets

AVMA: https://www.avma.org/public/YourVet/Pages/Financial-assistance-for-veterinary-care-costs.aspx

HSUS: http://www.humanesociety.org/animals/resources/tips/trouble_affording_veterinary_care.html

PAWS: https://www.paws.org/cats-and-dogs/other-services/help-with-veterinary-bills/

Your dogs friend: http://yourdogsfriend.org/we-recommend/need-help-paying-vet-bills/

AFRP: https://www.animalfriendsrescue.org/financialassistance.html

Speaking for Spot: http://speakingforspot.com/?p=Financial%20Assistance%20for%20Veterinary%20Care

2 options for financing include www.carecredit.com and www.scratchpay.com. Both of these companies have low interest APR rates (starting at 5%) and allow you to pay for a vet bill over 6-24 months.

I hope this information has been helpful. I will be standing by if you have other questions. Let me know if I can help further. Also, before signing off today, please take the time to use the star rating system at the top of the page to leave a rating for me (bottom of the page if using the app). A 5-star rating is appreciated as top notch answers are my focus. If you feel you have received anything less, please reply so that I may help until you’ve received the assistance you need. Until you issue a rating, the website will not compensate me for helping you. You will still be able to chat with me even after issuing a rating at no further charge on this thread.

I will also check in with you over the next few days to be sure you don’t need any additional assistance. If you would like to request me in the future for pet-related questions, you can do so by accessing this page: http://www.justanswer.com/pet/expert-pitrottmommy/?rpt=3800

Checking in. How is Spot doing today?