Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

She goes outside sometimes, and now her neck is huge. A huge…

Customer Question
She goes outside sometimes...

She goes outside sometimes, and now her neck is huge.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What seems to be the problem with the cat?

A huge swollen neck, mostly on the left side. We've waited for the swelling to go down, but it seems to have gotten a little worse.

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the cat's name and age?

Chi-chi; 21/2

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the cat's name?

Chi-chi

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the cat?

She escaped her last dose of Advantage 2.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
11/24/2017
Cat Veterinarian: petdrz, Veterinarian replied 4 months ago
petdrz
petdrz, Veterinarian

Hello. Welcome to JustAnswer. I am Dr Z. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with a reply ASAP.

Thanks for trusting me to help you and ChiChi today. I am a licensed veterinarian with over 30 years of experience and would be happy work with you but need a bit more information to better assist you if you don’t mind.

Will she let you touch her neck in the swollen area? Does it seem painful?

Is there any drainage in the swollen area?

No pain, no drainage.
She has stopped eating...

If she has stopped eating, and if the swelling continues, it is time to seek veterinary intervention. A cat that stops eating can develop liver disease because of it so you definitely need to try to find out what is the cause and get that treated.

I hope this is helpful. Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please reply so I can clarify for you.

My posted replies are for general education only and not meant as a diagnosis. Only after a thorough veterinary examination can a diagnosis for your pet be made and specific treatments be advised or medications be prescribed.

Dr Z

petdrz
petdrz
petdrz, Veterinarian