Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

My cat is barely eating and hasn't pooped in 6 days. Harlee.

Customer Question
My cat is barely...

My cat is barely eating and hasn't pooped in 6 days

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the cat's name?

Harlee

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Harlee?

She had been having issues with hairballs' my husband and I went on vacation and we think she was stressed while we were gone, she was throwing up green bile.

Veterinarian's Assistant: Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did Harlee eat anything unusual?

No but prior to us leaving on vacation, we switched to a grain free hairballs formula blue wilderness, she had been on blue wilderness grain free only prior to that.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
11/24/2017
Cat Veterinarian: petdrz, Veterinarian replied 7 months ago
petdrz
petdrz, Veterinarian

Hello. Welcome to JustAnswer. I am Dr Z. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with a reply ASAP.

Thanks for trusting me to help you and Harlee today. I am a licensed veterinarian with over 30 years of experience and would be happy work with you.

The symptoms that you are describing are very concerning and I would recommend that you have Harlee examined right away, even if that means seeking ER vet services. She may not be passing stool simple because she is not eating or she may be constipated. When a cat does not take in enough calories for a few days, it can lead to liver disease, which makes them feel even worse and less likely to eat. That may be why she was vomiting or there may be a more serious condition going on like an intestinal obstruction.

I would strongly advise you seek out veterinary intervention as soon as possible. The longer she goes without a diagnosis and treatment, the less chance for a successful recovery.

I hope this is helpful. Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please reply so I can clarify for you.

My posted replies are for general education only and not meant as a diagnosis. Only after a thorough veterinary examination can a diagnosis for your pet be made and specific treatments be advised or medications be prescribed.

Dr Z

Thank you, ***** ***** read that exact information on the web but wanted to see if a vet could help. I will take her to the vet.

You are welcome. This is not something that you want to try to treat with anything other than hands on veterinary care. Good luck with her.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

petdrz