Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

My cat Jasper (about 2 years old), has started to wipe his…

Customer Question
My cat Jasper (about...

My cat Jasper (about 2 years old), has started to wipe his behind on the floor. What to do?

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is the matter with your cat?

Also, he has been scratching 2 spots on his neck. Scratched his neck to where there is no hair, and bleeds

Veterinarian's Assistant: Using the wrong medication for fleas can be dangerous. You should definitely talk to the Veterinarian. What is the cat's name?

Jasper

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Jasper?

He is a rescue cat. He was neutered and shots about 9 months ago. He has been living with me 6 months. Did not have this problem until recently

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
11/24/2017
Cat Veterinarian: Dr. Loretta, Cat Veterinarian replied 7 months ago
Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Cat Veterinarian

Welcome to Justanswer. I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian, and would like to assist you. I will respond quickly after reviewing your question.

Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

This scratching is most likely due to allergies and will respond to Benadryl Pediatric liquid available at the pharmacy at 1 teaspoon every 8 hrs. for 5 day. This is causing the scratching at his neck and probably his bottom. If this is not helping, then your vet will have to check Jasper's anal glands that can cause this irritation. It is too much of a coincidence that his neck is also itching so this all may be due to allergies. Your vet will have stronger meds if the Benadryl is not enough.

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.

Sincerely, ***** *****