Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

I just noticed a clear looking cyst on my cat's anus. He…

Customer Question
I just noticed a...

I just noticed a clear looking cyst on my cat's anus. He doesn't seemed bothered by it.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What seems to be the problem with your cat?

As I mentioned, I just noticed a clear looking cyst on my can't anus. He doesn't seem bothered by it.

Veterinarian's Assistant: Where does your cat seem to hurt?

Nowhere. He's acting completely normal.

Veterinarian's Assistant: Can you see anything that looks wrong or different?

No...he still loves to be held, and when he lays down to rest, he just sleeps as normal.

Veterinarian's Assistant: Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Expert will know how to help your cat. What is the cat's name and age?

The cat's name is ***** ***** he is 8 years old.

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Linus?

When we got him as a kitten, he had a protruding sac at his stomach area. I was told that it is common in some breeds.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/24/2017
Cat Veterinarian: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 8 months ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

Can you share pictures of what you're seeing?