Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

Cat Veterinary

She has vomited 5 times since yesterday. first it was her

she has vomited 5 times...
she has vomited 5 times since yesterday. first it was her food and now it is frothy liquid as she is empty. It has a slight, very slight pinkish tinge.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What sort of animal are we talking about?
Customer: feline and I am not sure if she is pregnant
JA: OK. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did the feline eat anything unusual?
Customer: no
JA: OK. The Expert will know what to do. What is the feline's name and age?
Customer: Lily and she is about one and a half years.. she is a stray I have taken in due to cold weather
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Lily?
Customer: i am not sure if she may be pregnant. She was checked by my vet 2 weeks ago and was parasite free, we did a stool sample and for safety we dewormed her. she has been flea treated as a precaution also. The vet said her belly felt enlarged and not like a fat belly, as it was quite firm. she couldn't feel any kitten fetal balls, so we did an xray and no kittens bones showed up on it, so the vet ruled out pregnancy. however the vet did say Lily's organs were obstructing the view of her uterus. So if she was more than 3 weeks gestation the fetal balls wouldn't have been felt, and as she may have been less than 6 weeks at that time, no kitten bones would have been visible yet on an xray. I have noticed she doesn't like me touching her belly now and i thought i felt a slight swelling of her mammary glands and the teets are not so buddish anymore, I could feel one when I ran my hand over her. I suspect she is pregnant as she is content to sleep all the time
Customer reply replied 22 days ago
how soon will I hear something back as this is urgent. I thought you would respond immediately.
11/24/2017
DocPaul
DocPaul, Veterinarian

I dont think that she is pregnant

BUT I am worried about the vomiting

Is she eating anything?

Drinking?

Paul

DocPaul
DocPaul, Veterinarian
Customer reply replied 22 days ago
She ate her cat food and has water. But she vomited profusely not long after eating about half her food. Do you think maybe it was tainted
Phone call session started

Standing by

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
Thank you but I have resolved my concern about Lily. I contacted an emergency animal hospital and they said not to give her efferdose without being examined. As it is not appearing to be life threatening they said if she gets worse to take Lily in to the hospital. My own vet opens in 6 hours so I will take Lily in to see my usual vet then.
DocPaul
DocPaul
DocPaul, Veterinarian