Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

Cat Veterinary

My 7 and a half month old kitten has a small area on his

scrotum that is red and...
My 7 and a half month old kitten has a small area on his scrotum that is red and has no hair around it. He was neutered 3 weeks ago. His has a sibling too and he is fine.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What seems to be the problem with the kitten?
Customer: My kitten has a small area that is red on his scrotum, smaller than a pencil eraser.
JA: Where does your kitten seem to hurt?
Customer: He does not hurt.
JA: OK. No obvious pain. What is the kitten's name?
Customer: Woodstock
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Woodstock?
Customer: He was neutered three weeks ago.
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/23/2017
Dr Scott Nimmo, Small Animal Veterinarian.

Hi,I'm Dr Scott. Welcome to JustAnswer, I am working on your question now, you can expect a written reply sometime within the next ten minutes or so.

Customer reply replied 21 days ago
Thank you.

Hello again,

I have worked out an answer for you below.

1. This is something you sometimes see after neutering, this sound like a small area of dermatitis left as a result of the surgery, this is rarely dangerous in any way in my experience and if left alone the chances are it will gradually subside over the next few weeks. That said if you were to apply a small amount of Neosporin to the area twice a day for the next week or so then this could greatly help clear it up. If Woodstock licks the area and swallows a little of the Neosporin then this should not cause him any problem.

2. As I said this sounds like a very minor sort of situation, but in any case I should be available online for you for the next four or five hours today so please do not hesitate to get straight back to me if you would like to talk things over with me further.

Regards,

Dr Scott

I hope you have found my advice useful. Please now be kind enough to rate my service to you by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen, such feedback greatly helps me maintain the quality of my answers. Rating me now does not close your question, we can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box to get back to me at any point. Many thanks ...

Customer reply replied 21 days ago
Thank you so much. I will try that.

No problem, very glad to be advising you and thank you very much for the good rating, this is very much appreciated.

Please let me know how things go ...

Kindest regards,

Dr Scott