Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

CAT'S URINE EXTREMELY STRONGER ORDER EVEN AFTER GETTING HER…

Customer Question
CAT'S URINE EXTREMELY STRONGER...

CAT'S URINE EXTREMELY STRONGER ORDER EVEN AFTER GETTING HER FIXED

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What seems to be the problem with the cat?

THE ORDOR IS SO STRONGE WHETHER IN THE LITTER BOX OR ANYWHERE IN THE HOUSE YOU KNOW WHEN SHE GOES

Veterinarian's Assistant: Where does the cat seem to hurt?

SHE DOESN'T HURT HER PEE HAS A REAL STRONG SMELL

Veterinarian's Assistant: OK. No obvious pain. What is the cat's name and age?

KARMA AND SHE WAS A STRAY LESS THEN A YEAR JUST GOT FIXED

Veterinarian's Assistant: How old is KARMA?

DON'T KNOW HER EXACT AGE I WOULD SAY LESS THEN A YEAR

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about KARMA?

NO SHE DID HAVE A BAD CASE OF EAR MITES AND HAD A EAR INFECTION

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
11/22/2017
Cat Veterinarian: Dr. Denise, Cat Veterinarian replied 7 months ago
Dr. Denise
Dr. Denise, Cat Veterinarian

Hi. I’m Dr. Denise, a licensed veterinarian and I'd like to help. Please give me a moment while I review your concerns.

When did she first start urinating outside the box?

How often does she urinate outside the box?

When was she spayed?

she was spayed about a month ago. at least once every other day

Ok, thank you for that information. How long ago she start urinating outside the box?

At this time, I strongly recommend that you have her examined by her veterinarian and have a urine sample checked. Typically, in cats, strong smelling urine can be a sign of a urinary tract infection or simply very concentrated urine. The smell of the urine does not typically change in female cats after they are spayed (as it does with males after a neuter.

She may have a medical reason for her inappropriate urinations, or it may have become a behavioral preference at this point. It is important to have the urine evaluated to rule in/out any medical conditions that can be treated.

For the odor, I recommend cleaning with the Nature's Miracle brand products of sprays and carpet shampoos as this enzymatic cleanser has been the most effective in my experience to remove the urine odor from carpet, furniture and hard surface floors.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service. If you have any follow-up questions don't hesitate to ask. If finished, please take a moment to rate my service. I would greatly appreciate your positive review (5 stars). Your review helps connect Experts with other customers so your input is highly appreciated, and it is the only way that I am compensated. Thank you!