Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

Cat sleeps alot drinks lots of water and balance is slightly…

Customer Question
Cat sleeps alot...

Cat sleeps alot drinks lots of water and balance is slightly off

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Expert will know how to help the cat. What is the cat's name and age?

His name is ***** ***** he is 13

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Chico?

Nothing except he was updated on this shots about three weeks ago

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
11/21/2017
Cat Veterinarian: Dr. Sara, Veterinarian replied 8 months ago
Dr. Sara
Dr. Sara, Veterinarian

Hello this is Dr. Sara. This is very concerning. Is this something that has come on suddenly since his yearly exam, or something that has been progressing over a period of time? I would say the biggest reasons would be Kidney disease with possible infection, Diabetes and potentially thyroid disease.

then i think it likely i should call our vet for an appt?

Yes, he will probably need some blood work and urinalysis done.