Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

Cat Veterinary

She is vomiting after gulping her food. Feline. No Africa

She is vomiting after gulping...
She is vomiting after gulping her food.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What sort of animal are we talking about?
Customer: Feline
JA: OK. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did the feline eat anything unusual?
Customer: No Africa just ate her dry food. I am a retired vet. Asst.
JA: What is the feline's name and age?
Customer: Africa. 4 years
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Africa?
Customer: No. Very healthy.
11/21/2017
Dr. Sara
Dr. Sara, Veterinarian

Hi this is Dr. Sara. How long has Africa been doing this? What type of food do you have her on. Is she an indoor only cat?

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
She is on soup of the soul Salomon indoor and hairball. Over night and early this morning. She is indoor only.

Alright, I would recommend trying some Pepcid for today and maybe tomorrow. If the vomiting persists I would recommend a vet visit. Would you like to try this?

I have to start seeing appointments in about 10 minutes. I will check back after 4 to see if you have responded.

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
I have zantac 150, how much can I give?

So, Zantac won't work because the mg is too high. You can use Pepcid AC 10mg and give her 1/2 tablet once daily.

I apologize for the delayed response, I was not feeling well last night.

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
Thank you. Hope you feel better.

Thank you, ***** ***** Hope all is well.

Dr. Sara
Dr. Sara, Veterinarian
Customer reply replied 25 days ago
Happy Thanksgiving. Giving her pepcid as suggested. Still some nausea, but no vomiting. Feeding small meals several times a day.
Dr. Sara
Dr. Sara
Dr. Sara, Veterinarian