Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

Cat Veterinary

Hes purring continuely lying down in and out of

Customer Question
consciousness JA: What sort of animal...
Hes purring continuely lying down in and out of consciousness
JA: What sort of animal are we talking about?
Customer: Hes dizzy when we try stand him.all he want to do is laydown charlie is a cat mid age
JA: OK. I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Expert will know how to help the cat. What is the cat's name and age?
Customer: We dont know how old he is but he is older than a kitten and ypunger than a oldcat
JA: What is the kitten's name?
Customer: Whats lethargy...his name is ***** ***** may have eatin a cane toad but we dont kno
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the kitten?
Customer: Hes very weak
Submitted: 21 days ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/21/2017
Cat Veterinarian: Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian replied 21 days ago
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian

You're speaking with Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply. Please be patient. This may take a few minutes.

Tee, I'm sorry to hear of this with Charlie. Regretfully, he's critically ill and needs the attention of his vet at your earliest convenience. His behavior suggests a profoundly anemic cat or a cat suffering from any number of metabolic disorders that have affected his central nervous system - brain, spinal cord. This isn't a patient that can be managed at home at this time. Please respond with further questions or concerns if you wish but time is of the essence.

Cat Veterinarian: Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian replied 19 days ago
Hi Tee,

I'm just following up on our conversation about Charlie. How is everything going?

Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian