Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

He has a cold, sneezing and some congetion. Rockyaround 12.

Customer Question
He has a cold...

He has a cold, sneezing and some congetion

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the cat's name and age?

Rockyaround 12

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the cat's name?

Don't think I can get him to a vet, any ideas?

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the cat?

No he's very handsome and otherwise looks great

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
11/21/2017
Cat Veterinarian: Dr. Gabby, Cat Veterinarian replied 8 months ago
Dr. Gabby
Dr. Gabby, Cat Veterinarian

Hello. My name is***** am happy to help you with your question. Give me just a moment to respond and type.

W​hen did the respiratory symptoms start? Is he still eating and drinking as usual?

he's had it awhile otherwise he acts fine

H​ow long is a while? Normally a cold or upper respiratory tract infection resolves in 7-10 days. If it has been going on for a month for example, he may have an infected tooth root causing his sneezing and congestion.

T​o help with the sneezing you may use human Benadryl by mouth. try 1/4-1/2 of a human 25 mg Benadryl tablet every 12 hours as needed.

he's eating and drinking fine

K​eep a humidifier in the room with him.

T​hey eat and drink fine with a tooth root infection normally. It is just one tooth so they can chew on the other side of the mouth

The infection is under the gumline so you would not see it.

You can also try human nasal saline drops. 1 drop in each nostril twice a day. That helps with the nasal congestion and helps soothe his nasal passages if they are irritated.

how can I rate you, I haven't had and answer, please cancel this and refund - 100% guaranteed right?

I can let customer service know you would like a refund. Yes it is 100% guaranteed.

Were you able to read everything that I wrote or is it not showing up on your screen?