Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

Cat Veterinary

My kitten is limping he won’t put any pressure on his front

Customer Question
leg. He is purring and...
My kitten is limping he won’t put any pressure on his front leg. He is purring and likes to be pet, but when I examined it- it seemed as though his upper leg is hurt. I pressed that area and he yelped in pain and began shaking until I comforted him
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?
Customer: There is no obvious wound- I pressed gently on his paw and it didn’t seem to bother him. It’s his upper leg
JA: What is the kitten's name?
Customer: Karl
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Karl?
Customer: Nope, we just got another new kitten (same age both roughly 7-8 weeks)
Submitted: 25 days ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
11/21/2017
Cat Veterinarian: DocPaul, Veterinarian replied 25 days ago
DocPaul
DocPaul, Veterinarian

Hi.

Dr. Paul Brazzell here.

I would be happy to help you!

Does the leg look different then the other one (any boney protrusions or leg at odd angle)?

Front or hindleg?

Paul

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
No, it looks normal, front left leg. I tried gently touching the area. His paws seem fine and nothing looks obviously out of place. it appears to hurt when I try to straighten the leg (he has it curled up towards his body he meowed and pulled his leg back when I did that.
Customer reply replied 25 days ago
It’s (I don’t know the technical term) elbow area that hurts when I try to straighten it. It doesn’t seem swollen or out of place- he just has it curled up towards his body. He had some kitten supplement this morning and ate last night. He also used the litter box but prefers to lay in his bed rather than playing

Okay

I am not too worried.

Have seen this kind of thing a lot

I would let the kitten rest and give 12-24 hours for the lameness/discomfort to resolve

You do not have to take him to be examined yet

And you should update me tomorrow AM'

I suspect that the leg will be better by then

IF it is not then you can take him for an exam and possible x-rays

Make sense?

Paul

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
Sounds good. Thank you so much!!

You are very welcome.

I will look for your update tomorrow

And please dont forget to rate me- That is how I get paid :)

Paul

DocPaul
DocPaul
DocPaul, Veterinarian