Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

My cat is about 3 months old. We give him some kitten milk…

Customer Question
My cat is about...

My cat is about 3 months old. We give him some kitten milk every now and then. We just brought home a kitten last night and we let them both have kitten milk. My older cat threw up. He drank a little more milk (which I grabbed up when I saw what he was doing) then vomited again. It was freshly made so it had not spoiled. He is acting fine and still playing with the new kitten. Is this anything to be worried about?

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did your kitten eat anything unusual?

Haha. Just a small one. The kids cleaned it up. He didn't eat anything all that I am aware of. The kids did have frosties from Wendy's and Leo LOVES those. He did get a couple of licks on an empty cup but that has happened before with no side effects.

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about your kitten?

No. He seems perfectly happy and playful still.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
11/20/2017
Cat Veterinarian: Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian replied 5 months ago
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian

Hello. Thanks for writing in. My name is***** and I would be happy to help you. I AM NOT SET UP TO MAKE PHONE CALLS, BUT I WOULD BE HAPPY TO ANSWER ANY QUESTIONS YOU HAVE ONLINE. THE WEBSITE SENDS THE REQUESTS; NOT MYSELF. If he is acting fine and no longer vomiting, it should be okay to just monitor him now for any further problems. I would try to avoid giving the milk to him, at least for now. Interestingly enough, many cats can become lactose intolerant sometime after 2 months of age, so that could be the case with him now. Either way, if he continues to vomit, seems lethargic, seems painful, has bloody stool, has diarrhea for more than 2 days or is not eating; I would have your vet check him out. Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. Hope this helps.

My goal is to make sure that you get all your question answered and all the information you need. IF YOU ARE SATISFIED WITH MY ANSWER, PLEASE RATE IT. Rating it is the only way I get compensated for helping you, and we can still continue our conversation after rating. If you feel like it is not helpful to you, or if there is more information you need, please respond back to me before rating. Asking more specific questions usually helps a lot. Realize that our conversation is not intended to diagnose or treat a condition. There has to be a valid veterinary-client-patient relationship established with an exam, according to law. You should always follow up with your vet.

Cat Veterinarian: Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian replied 4 months ago

Hello. I was just following up to see how Leo is doing and to see if you have any other questions.

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian