Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

I am finding blood spots on the floor the last 2 days. He is…

Customer Question
I am finding blood...

I am finding blood spots on the floor the last 2 days. He is 13 neutered Burmese

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the cat's name?

Percy

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Percy?

He has been on special allergy food for years I did recently change his cat litter. He has been allergic

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
11/20/2017
Cat Veterinarian: Cher, Feline Specialist replied 8 months ago
Cher
Cher, Feline Specialist

Hi, I'm Cher. Welcome to JustAnswer.

I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply, shortly.

Hello, again.

My apologies that you did not receive an earlier answer. Different experts are online at various times and I recently logged in and was notified of your question. Your patience is greatly appreciated!

I'm sorry Percy has you worried. I have a few questions for you that will allow me to answer you best:

Is Percy eating, drinking and eliminating as usual?

Is he alert and playful and not lethargic?

Is he licking his hind end frequently? Can you check to see if it's red or irritated in this area?

Does he act like he's in any pain?

Can you tell if the blood is coming from his mouth, nose, penis, anus, or elsewhere?

What food is he on now, for his allergy, and what litter did you just change to?

Thanks for all your additional information and after you reply, please allow me a short while to compose and send your detailed answer.

Best regards,

Cher

Eating and drinking normally no visible external signs of bleeding.eats Royal Canin duck and pea both wet and dry.arm and hammer clumping litter, behavior normal.blood is bright red.no licking hind rnd
I thought the $5 covered the answer so forget it I will ask my vet

OK, I will contact Customer Service for you and tell them to cancel your question.

I hope all will be well with Percy!