Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

My cat is an outdoor/indoor cat, and yesterday came home…

Customer Question
Hello there. my cat...

Hello there. my cat is an outdoor/indoor cat, and yesterday came home with a limp in her front paw. She lets me touch it without hissing. Now she is hiding under the bed and has a dark grey colored diarrhea. Do you know what the problem could be?

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Did your cat have a fall?

Im not sure since she is outdoor/indoor. She loves to jump, climb trees and fences

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the cat's name and age?

Bear and her age is 7

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Bear?

Just that she has been hiding under the bed since she came home with the limp, and is having consistent dark grey liquid diarrhea. But she is drinking water and eating cat food, she has an appetite

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
11/20/2017
Cat Veterinarian: Dr. Beth, Cat Veterinarian replied 8 months ago
Dr. Beth
Dr. Beth, Cat Veterinarian

Hi, I'm Dr. Beth - I'm so sorry your question wasn't responded to sooner - different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about Bear's problem, and want to help. To make sure I don't miss anything, please give me a moment to review your question - I am not the fastest typist so it may take me a few moments to type out a response.

Thank you for trusting us with your questions, this service is used for general information only and is not a substitute for a veterinarian patient relationship by examination.

It sounds like Bear had quite an adventure, for the foot she is limping on, is she holding it up completely or will she put a little bit of weight on it when she walks?