Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

Gave kitten a bath in sink and after he fought me and i got…

Customer Question
Gave kitten a bath...

Gave kitten a bath in sink and after he fought me and i got him clean and had him drying in the towel he climbed on my shoulder and pooped on it

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. Strange behavior is often perplexing. I'm sure the Veterinarian can help you. What is the kitten's name?

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Sam?

He has has watery poop since i got him and i was giving him iams dry healthy food with water and switched to wet food with regular milk until i picked him up and he started spot pooping on my couch

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
11/19/2017
Cat Veterinarian: petdrz, Veterinarian replied 5 months ago
petdrz
petdrz, Veterinarian

Hello. Welcome to JustAnswer. I am Dr Z. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with a reply ASAP.

Thanks for trusting me to help you and Sam today. I am a licensed veterinarian with over 30 years of experience and would be happy work with you but need a bit more information to better assist you if you don’t mind.

Can you tell me how old Sam is?

Has he been seen by a veterinarian yet?

Ok

Can you tell me how old Sam is?

Has he been seen by a veterinarian yet?

He is 10 wks and no not yet

It is not uncommon for a kitten to have diarrhea, and intestinal parasites are a very common cause. I would make sure to have him evaluated by a vet very soon so they can check a stool sample and deworm him. Of course there are other causes of diarrhea, but that should be ruled out first.

In the meantime, I would stop offering milk as it can exacerbate the diarrhea. You will also want to offer frequent, small meals of something very digestible for him. These would include items like boiled hamburger or chicken and rice or pasta. No sauces or gravies, but a little non greasy broth would be OK. Continue to offer small amounts of water at a time so he doesn't get dehydrated.

I hope this is helpful. Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please reply so I can clarify for you.

My posted replies are for general education only and not meant as a diagnosis. Only after a thorough veterinary examination can a diagnosis for your pet be made and specific treatments be advised or medications be prescribed.

Dr Z

petdrz
petdrz
petdrz, Veterinarian