Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

He's been vomiting foamy stuff won't eat and seems

He's been vomiting foamy...

He's been vomiting foamy stuff won't eat and seems depressed.Foul odor from his mouth he has different look about his eyes and has lost a lot of weight in the last month.We have been away from him about 2 weeks and then our grandchildren brought him to us about 2 weeks ago .He seemed OK then except weight loss and ate OK but it's getting worse

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. What sort of animal are we talking about?

Yellow cat about 9 years old

Veterinarian's Assistant: OK. This sounds like it might be serious. I'll let the Veterinarian know what's going on ASAP. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the cat?

We have

11/19/2017
petdrz
petdrz, Veterinarian

Hello. Welcome to JustAnswer. I am Dr Z. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with a reply ASAP.

Thanks for trusting me to help you and your pet today. I am a licensed veterinarian with over 30 years of experience and would be happy work with you.

With the symptoms that you describe I am very concerned that he may be very sick by this time. When a cat is not taking in enough calories, it can lead to liver disease and even if the initial cause of the anorexia has resolved, the secondary liver disease can now lead to fatal consequences if not treated.

I would strongly urge you to seek veterinary care for him right away. This is not something that can be treated at home without veterinary intervention.

I hope this is helpful. Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please reply so I can clarify for you.

My posted replies are for general education only and not meant as a diagnosis. Only after a thorough veterinary examination can a diagnosis for your pet be made and specific treatments be advised or medications be prescribed.

Dr Z

Ok Thank You we are going home tomorrow so maybe I can get him there by the afternoon to see a vet

That would be good. It sounds like the sooner the better, even if you have to utilize ER services.

Thank you

You are welcome

petdrz
petdrz, Veterinarian