Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

Brought my cat to vet because she was peeing a lot....He…

Customer Question
Brought my cat to...

Brought my cat to vet because she was peeing a lot....He gave her a shot of antibiotics for uti....brought home now is throwing up three times a day

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did your cat eat anything unusual?

No but I did change her food before this happen

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the cat's name?

Piggy

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Piggy?

I just got her from someone else so shes in new surroundings she was outside cat with them but shes an indoor cat with me

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
11/19/2017
Cat Veterinarian: Dr. Sara, Veterinarian replied 8 months ago
Dr. Sara
Dr. Sara, Veterinarian

Hi, this is Dr. Sara. Can you tell me how long you have had Piggy? When did the urinary symptoms start and how many days has she been vomiting? Is she still eating?

I got her nov 8th....brought her to th vet on the17th....shes been vomiting after I left the vet
sorry took her to the vet on the 10th

Ok, so it is very likely that the urinary symptoms are caused by stress. Are you familiar with feline cystitis or feline lower urinary tract disease? It is possible that either the antibiotic or the stress is causing her to vomit. I would start her on Pepcid AC today and use that for up to a week. (some cats are on long term, so it is safe to give). I would also talk to your veterinarian about some prednisolone to help calm down her bladder. What type of litter box do you have and how many? You do not want any hooded litter boxes. The other thing to keep in mind is, it can be very difficult to make a cat transition to be an indoor cat. Sometimes this doesn't go well and they continue to have urinary tract problems.

Hi, are you still there?

Could it have something to do with grass eating it or not

Would you like to try Pepcid?

I didn't realize she was eating grass, I thought she was indoor now? It could however be the food change.

Where can I get it? I was thinking because she’s not an outside cat anymore maybe she ate grass but now she’s not

Oh, I see. I don't think that is the reason. You can get Pepcid at any pharmacy or grocery store. You can give her 1/2 of a Pepcid AC once daily if you still want to try this.