Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

I found a cat this morning on side of the road it's been…

Customer Question
I found a cat this...
I found a cat this morning on side of the road it's been hurt on a back leg it's really bad what I need to do
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
11/19/2017
Cat Veterinarian: Dr. Andy, Medical Director replied 8 months ago
Dr. Andy, Medical Director

Welcome! My name is***** am a 2003 UC Davis graduate and practice owner. Please reply with a hello so I know we are connected before continuing

Very sorry to hear about this situation. Good question.
No, there is no other way to humanely euthanize a dog or cat at home.

Vets have sedative medications plus the typical highly concenrated anesthetic gent that quickly stops the heart. That's why the term going to sleep is quite accurate.

I would encourage you to get in to any vet immediately.
Either quickly relinguish to an open shelter or a vet.

OK do u know anyplace that's open today

Depends on where you live.

Suggestion:

Type in google search the name of your city followed by veterinarians and start making a few calls.

Find a vet yet?