Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

No appetite and diarrhea. Other than that acting ok. A

No appetite and diarrhea...

No appetite and diarrhea. Other than that acting ok. A little tired.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Expert will know how to help the cat. What is the cat's name and age?

Tree cat. 9

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the cat's name?

Male

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Male?

His name is tree

I had been out of town Thursday night and left dry food. I have two cats and i think maybe tree ate too fast and made himself sick at his stomach (afraid if he didn’t eat his food his friend would!). He laying by me purring right now.
11/19/2017
DocPaul
DocPaul, Veterinarian

Hi

Dr. Paul Brazzell here

I would be happy to help you.

Can you confirm if Tree vomited?
Paul

A little earlier today. Clear with alittle hair

Okay

I am willing to let Tree rest for this evening- he does not have to go to the ER

I do not want you to feed him

But water is fine

I suspect we are dealing with acute gastritis

You can give Pepcid AC at 0.1 mg/kg by mouth three times a day to settle his stomach

And Imodium- 1/4 tablet twice a day for the diarrhea

Update me in the morning UNLESS he deteriorates- I will be here.

Make sense?
Paul

I don’t have Pepcid and tree is asleep. Could I let him sleep tonight? Get some Pepcid in the morning?

Absolutely!

I am standing by

And please dont forget to rate me- That is how this old doc gets paid

I will leave the link open for you so you can update me at no cost :)

Thank you very much. And of course i will rate you!

10-4 and cheers

DocPaul
DocPaul, Veterinarian

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

DocPaul