Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

My cat was put on 10mg/ml prednisolone at .5 ml 2 times

Customer Question
My cat was put...

My cat was put on 10mg/ml prednisolone at .5 ml 2 times daily for 14 days then once daliy for 4 days and then .5 every other day for 33 days. she now said i can stop giving it. does this sound like she weaned her off correctly since i never lowered the ml dosage.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the cat's name?

Mamba

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Mamba?

She is 11 lbs. 5 years old with rodent ulcer.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/17/2017
Cat Veterinarian: Dr. Denise, Cat Veterinarian replied 5 months ago
Dr. Denise
Dr. Denise, Cat Veterinarian

Hi. I’m Dr. Denise, a licensed veterinarian. Welcome to JustAnswer! I’d like to help with your concerns regarding Mamba. Just a moment while I review your question.

Yes, that is an appropriate weaning protocol for Prednisolone. Typically the goal is to decrease the frequency of the dosing down to every other day for a period of time (in your case 33 days) until symptoms are resolved and then discontinue it. It is not necessary to decrease the volume of the dose as well.

Please let me know if you have any other questions. I am here to answer all the questions you have. If you have no other questions, I would greatly appreciate your positive review (5 stars). Your review helps connect Experts with other customers so your input is highly appreciated, and it is the only way that I am compensated. Thank you!

Hi, it's Dr. Denise checking in on Mamba.

Did you have any further questions?

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Denise Cudiamat
Dr. Denise
Dr. Denise
Dr. Denise, Cat Veterinarian