Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

Cat Veterinary

My cat never had dandruff before. Her coat was always silky

no dandruff. In a week...
My cat never had dandruff before. Her coat was always silky no dandruff. In a week or more her coati
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the cat's name and age?
Customer: Is rough and now tons of dandruff. Zoe. She is 12
JA: What is the cat's name?
Customer: Zoe
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Zoe?
Customer: Seems to be urinating a lot more than she usex to
11/17/2017
Dr. Alleyne
Dr. Alleyne, Cat Veterinarian

Hello my name is***** and I am a licensed veterinarian with over 9 years of experience. I am hoping to help you with your pet today. Since I can’t physically exam your pet, I may need to respond with several follow up questions so I can best help you. Remember there is no limit on how many questions you can ask to in order to clarify any information I have provided regarding your pet. I just have a few initial questions to ask to gather some more information if you don’t mind? Are you noticing any weight loss at all? Does she seem itchy at all?

Looks like you are not currently online to respond. I am about to log off but if you come back online to respond I will be happy to respond to you whenever I log back in. Thank you

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Im herre
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Im here
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
She is not itchy no weight loss

Okay I did not log off yet. Does she seem itchy at all?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
She wants more attention than usual. She is urinating more than usual. Judging her litter box
She has never had dandruff like this its terrible

Is she an indoor/outdoor cat? How long has she been urinating more? One common cause for her symptoms could be some type of allergy to something that she was exposed to. Another issue could be some type of hormonal issue such as an hyperactive thyroid. So bloodwork may be needed to help rule that out

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
She is an indoor cat. It seems like the last montb or so
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
What can be done about the thyroid?

Since she is an older cat with the increase in urination you may also want to rule out the possibility of kidney disease or diabetes. Both can cause an increase in urination as well. IF she has thyroid she can go on a medication that can help regulate the thyroid

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Oh boy. I better bring her in tomorrow. Thx so much

You are welcome. Let me know if you have any further questions or concerns

In advance, Thanks for giving a rating! Ratings are how I receive credit for helping you today and help me better serve customers in the future.

If you need further assistance for this problem before or after rating feel free to ask a follow up and I'll be
glad to help.

Thanks Dr. Alleyne

Dr. Alleyne
Dr. Alleyne, Cat Veterinarian
Dr. Alleyne
Dr. Alleyne
Dr. Alleyne, Cat Veterinarian