Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

I just adopted A kitten from a shelter and her name is

Customer Question
Hi, i just adopted...

Hi, i just adopted A kitten from a shelter and her name is***** she is 11 weeks old. When i adopt her she was very well and playful kitten. Oneday i decide to give her a pet milk and she drank the milk. After the next day she start vomiting and start having diarrhea. Now the diarrhea started on Tuesday and she still is not feeling well. I took her to the vet and the vet inject her some fluids to her skin so she wont get dehydrated. And also the vets proscribed few more med. now my kitten is not eating or wanting to drink just lay in her bed. And she got up when she has to use the litter. I try to keep her clean as much as possible n clean out her litter box very often. I was worried n i start feeding her pediatric electrolyte unflavored every now and then. Is my kitten will be better and how long it take the diarrhea to cure. Any suggestions will help. I love our kitten she is so attach to me my husband and my son. I could sleep at night thinking i hope i get to see her in the morning one more time.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. This sounds like it might be serious. I'll let the Veterinarian know what's going on ASAP. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Fluffy?

Her poop looks like yellow watery and slimy. And she lost weight. First when i adopt her she was 1 lbs n 3 oz . N now she weigh 13 oz,

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
11/16/2017
Cat Veterinarian: Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian replied 5 months ago
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian

Hello. Thanks for writing in. My name is***** and I would be happy to help you. I AM NOT SET UP TO MAKE PHONE CALLS, BUT I WOULD BE HAPPY TO ANSWER ANY QUESTIONS YOU HAVE ONLINE. THE WEBSITE SENDS THE REQUESTS; NOT MYSELF. In order to give an informative and concise answer, it may take a few minutes before I respond back to you, so don't be alarmed if you don't hear back immediately. If you have not responded back in 10 minutes, it may be a longer before I can get back to you. I do have a couple more questions, though, to see if I can better assess your situation.

Did your vet run a fecal exam at all?

What medications did they prescribe her?

Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian