Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

I just moved from ny to indiana and my cat urine started…

Customer Question
I just moved from...

I just moved from ny to indiana and my cat urine started getting a strong ammonia smell i give her pet naturals ut support and just started using botteled water she was drinking the indy water for 2 weeks (its much harder than ny water) the smell seems a little less could the change of water to botteled be the ansure?

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the cat's name?

Buiscut(i type slow &bad )

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about your cat?

Yes she had a urianary tract infection 2 years ago

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
11/17/2017
Cat Veterinarian: Cher, Feline Specialist replied 8 months ago
Cher
Cher, Feline Specialist

Hi, I'm Cher. Welcome to JustAnswer.

I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply, shortly.

Hello, again.

Congratulations on your recent move!

Being a former NY-er myself, the water is the best, ***** ***** the Indiana water, if it's harder, may have very well caused her to develop a UTI, cystitis or an irritation. Also, if you're using bottled water, now, use 'purified' or distilled, not 'drinking water.' If she had a urinary tract infection 2 years ago, she may be prone to this condition, which is not uncommon.

It would be advisable to have Biscuit (correct spelling? : ) ) seen in person by a vet, so she can be assessed, and also, a urine test and culture should be done, to see if she has any urinary condition and then she can be treated, if needed.

I hope all will be well with Biscuit and please let me know the vet's findings, if you can. Thanks!

Your satisfaction is my ultimate goal and I welcome any follow-up questions you may have on this subject, at no additional charge.

At the conclusion of our correspondence, your 5-star rating will be most appreciated, as this will enable me to continue to send quality answers to additional clients and be recognized by the website for my assistance. Thank you.

Best wishes,

Cher

Hello again,

I just thought I'd check in to see how things are going for you and Biscuit. My primary goal is always to provide the best answer possible. Did you find my answer helpful? Please let me know.

Thanks,

Cher

Cat Veterinarian: Cher, Feline Specialist replied 7 months ago

Hi, again.

It seems that you haven't yet viewed my answer. Please let me know how Biscuit is coming along, as I'm concerned for her.

Thank you,

Cher

Hello again,

I just thought I'd check in to see how things are going for you and your kitty. My primary goal is always to provide the best answer possible. Did you find my answer helpful?