Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

My cat hasn't pooped in days. Her name is missy not sure of…

Customer Question
My cat hasn't pooped...

My cat hasn't pooped in days

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the cat's name and age?

Her name is ***** ***** sure of the age but I would assume around 7-8 years old

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Missy?

No, she still eats and drinks water

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
11/16/2017
Cat Veterinarian: Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian replied 8 months ago
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian

Hello. Thanks for writing in. My name is***** and I would be happy to help you. I AM NOT SET UP TO MAKE PHONE CALLS, BUT I WOULD BE HAPPY TO ANSWER ANY QUESTIONS YOU HAVE ONLINE. THE WEBSITE SENDS THE REQUESTS; NOT MYSELF. In order to give an informative and concise answer, it may take a few minutes before I respond back to you, so don't be alarmed if you don't hear back immediately. If you have not responded back in 10 minutes, it may be a longer before I can get back to you. I do have a couple more questions, though, to see if I can better assess your situation.

Any vomiting?

How many days has it been exactly?

How is her activity level?

Does her abdomen feel bloated?

'If you press into her abdomen from both sides at the same time, is she painful or uncomfortable?

Is she attempting to defecate at all with no stool coming out?