Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

My Cat, around 8PM tonight my cat was outside lying on the…

Customer Question
Hi My Cat, around...

Hi My Cat, around 8PM tonight my cat was outside lying on the grass on his belly and he started to meow really loudly, we brought him inside but he doesn't allow us to touch him. When he walks he has his tail down and when he lies down he howls and meows

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. The noise must be worrying. I'll connect you to the Veterinarian. What is the cat's name and age?

His name is ***** ***** he is 3 years old

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Mo?

He is a Rehomed Cat

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
11/16/2017
Cat Veterinarian: Dr Linda, Cat Veterinarian replied 7 months ago
Dr Linda
Dr Linda, Cat Veterinarian

Hello, this is Dr. Linda. I hope I can help with your concerns today

It sounds like poor Mo has been injured. It is either significant bruising/ fracture to the base of the tail from a glancing blow with a vehicle, or a bite wound from another cat. We see a lot of cats that get bitten on or near the base of the tail, & it is incredibly painful to them.

Do you have the ability to have him seen by a veterinarian? This would be best in case he needs antibiotics. He would definitely benefit from some pain relief, too.

Please let me know if you have any specific questions or concerns with Mo.

Thank you.

Hello. Just checking to see how Mo is doing, & if you have any further questions or concerns.

Thank you.