Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

I have a similar question to the one above about a stray cat…

Customer Question
Hello, I have a...

Hello, I have a similar question to the one above about a stray cat that is drooling. I have been feeding the kitty since I moved into this community 2 years ago. The thought among some of my neighbors is that s/he used to belong to someone who lived here, and they left her behind when they moved.S/he is very vocal and loves to rub up against me. S/he even allows me to pick her up. I cannot bring her indoors as I have two dogs (one of which goes ballistic) whenever the kitty camps out on the porch. Some areas of the kitty's gums are black, so I assume that maybe her mouth hurts? I feed her both wet and dry food.. Do you have any suggestions? Thank you.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. The Expert will know what to do with the drooling. What is the kitten's name?

Some of our neighbors and I call her/him Mooch!

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about /?

Is there a way that we can tell if it is a female or male?

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
11/16/2017
Cat Veterinarian: Dr. Beth, Cat Veterinarian replied 8 months ago
Dr. Beth
Dr. Beth, Cat Veterinarian

Hi, I'm Dr. Beth and I'll do my best to help you today! To make sure I don't miss anything, please give me a moment to review your question - I am not the fastest typist so it may take me a few moments to type out a response.

Thank you for trusting us with your questions, this service is used for general information only and is not a substitute for a veterinarian patient relationship by examination.

You've found a friend from the sounds of it!

Does she drool all the time, or just when you are petting her/giving her attention?

Would you be able to take a close up picture of her backside with her tail up? If yes I may be able to confirm if it is actually a female or if it is a boy?

If you have picture capability, a mouth one would be great as well.

If pics are not an option, I can give you some possibilities.