Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

My sister used a dog shampoo that contains a pesticide that…

Customer Question
My sister used a dog...
My sister used a dog shampoo that contains a pesticide that is toxic to cats on our cat. What do I do?
Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
11/15/2017
Cat Veterinarian: Dr. Nicole, Cat Veterinarian replied 5 months ago
Dr. Nicole
Dr. Nicole, Cat Veterinarian

Hello, I am Dr.Nicole and I would be happy to help you with your question. I am sorry that this happened. Hopefully it just happened and if so, you should use dawn dish soap or other shampoo and get it off asap. Rinse really really well.

typing more..

If time has already passed then you need to monitor Archie very closely for any signs of muscle tremors or seizures. This can take hours and in some cases 1-3 days. If you notice any of these symptoms you need to take Archie to a vet ASAP. Depending on what the chemical was, it can be quite toxic if exposed in high enough concentrations.

I hope that helps to clarify things.

Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help. I hope that Archie is doing well and doesn't exhibit any symptoms, but like I said, please monitor him very closely. Cats can be very sensitive.

If you are satisfied with my assistance, a 5 star rating is always appreciated and is how we as experts are recognized and compensated for our time.

Even after the rating, we can continue this conversation for up to a week, so keep me posted on how he is doing.

Sincerely,

Dr. Nicole

I just wanted to check in with you and see how things are going. Please let me know if you need anything.
Dr. Nicole
Dr. Nicole
Dr. Nicole, Cat Veterinarian