Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

Female kitty peeing very small amounts with multiple trips…

Customer Question
Female kitty peeing very...

Female kitty peeing very small amounts with multiple trips to litter box

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What seems to be the problem with the kitten?

Female cat 10 years old noticed this evening she is making multiple trips to little box w only small amounts of urine.

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the kitten's name?

She’s not a kitten, Amber 10 years old

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Amber?

Not at this tine

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
11/15/2017
Cat Veterinarian: Dr. Peter, Veterinarian replied 5 months ago
Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian

Hi, I'm Dr. Peter. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Friend, the history and symptoms you are describing in Amber are consistent with a urinary tract infection. You see, the increase in frequency to urinate is because she has an infection that is causing irritation (inflammation) of the urethra (tube connecting bladder to the vagina). When the urethra is inflamed it gives the feeling of having to urinate, this is why she is going more frequent; the increase in frequency does not allow the bladder to accumulate enough urine and only produces a small amount of urine every attempt. Other possible causes could be bladder stones, inflammation (cystitis), etc. She will need to be seen by your family veterinarian to rule out bladder stones and start her on oral antibiotics.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service. If you have any follow-up questions don't hesitate to ask. If finished, please take a moment to rate my service. See you again soon!

Dr. Peter

Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian