Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

My cat has a rectum that easily gets constipated. He doesn’t…

Customer Question
My cat has a...

My cat has a rectum that easily gets constipated. He doesn’t have megacolon. My vet says it seems to be a problem right at his rectum. It just doesn’t pass stool by itself. I have caught him a couple of times “running in fear” from his urine. I see drops on the floor with his footprints in them. Is this related to his constipation issues?

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the cat's name and age?

Marley is a 7 year old male tabby.

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Marley?

He has had this problem since we got him at 4 months of age. He also had all his teeth removed at age 5.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
11/14/2017
Cat Veterinarian: Dr B, Cat Veterinarian replied 5 months ago
Dr B
Dr B, Cat Veterinarian

HI this is DRB and I will try and help you....

Your pet may be developing a fear of the litter box due to the difficulty with constipation.....has your vet spoken with you about Royal Canin feline high fiber response food?? This food solves constipation issues virtually in 95% of cats megacolon or not.....is your cat having any difficulty with urination or making frequent trips to the litter box?

ok, I want you to have a complete answer so I will go ahead and share my thoughts.....yes, I do believe this is related to the constipation issues.....and I would suggest the food I mentioned above as it has literally assisted thousands of cats in recovering from constipation issues.....and miralax with this can help also...but you may not need miralax.....try the diet first and see your vet if you see any blood in your cat's urine or if your kitty attempts to go and does not pass urine see a vet immediately....please let me know if you have any questions as I will be back online tomorrow and I ma very happy to follow up with you until you are 100 percent satisfied with my service.....sincerely, DRB

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know.

Please remember my answers do not replace or supersede the advice of your veterinarian as my answers do not create a valid client patient relationship as I am unable to examine your pet. Thank you very much! DrB

I would also recommend that your vet check your kitties anal glands as well....sometimes those contribute to difficulty in defecation in cats....

Dr B
Dr B
Dr B, Cat Veterinarian