Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

I have a two week old bottle baby kitten. His mother had 2…

Customer Question
I have a two...

I have a two week old bottle baby kitten. His mother had 2 others that died shortly after birth and had the 4th one surgically removed. She could not produce milk after and came down with a terrible URI so we decided it was best to separate them. The male kitten I named Eli was put on antibiotics from the shelter I am fostering him from, through a nebulizer I have at home. (Mixed with saline) this was at a week old. Today is his marks his 2 weeks and I am tube feeding him ( via the vet at the shelter this is day 3) he has not been pooping really since and when he does it was a mooshy thick pale color ( I did also switch formula to a better brand so I figured this was the cause) but just now after feeding him and stimulating him, he did pass a mooshy white poop. Is there something I can do at home to help him? I do have fluids on hand to give subcutaneous fluids as well which I do give every now and then if I feel he is dehydrated

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. Problems with drinking can be serious. I'm glad you noticed it. The Expert will know what to do. What is the kitten's name?

Eli

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Eli?

He can breathe through his nose, but will sometimes have mouth breathing moments than can last a couple mins at a time

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
Mouth breathing has increased dramatically since last feeding I added pedialyte into this feeding as well
Answered in 3 days by:
11/17/2017
Cat Veterinarian: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 8 months ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

I am very sorry to see that no one has reached out to you before now. I just came online and found that your question had not been addressed. How is your companion at this time?

He died that night

Im so sorry to hear. Thank you for letting me know.