Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

She has a small cut on her leg and pus is dripping from it…

Customer Question
She has a small...

She has a small cut on her leg and white pus is dripping from it She has a small cut on her leg and white Pass is dripping from it

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. Is the cat bleeding a lot?

No blood just white boobs

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the cat's name and age?

Sorry white tubes

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the cat?

It is very sensitive and she’s having trouble walking on that leg

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/13/2017
Cat Veterinarian: Dr. Peter, Veterinarian replied 9 months ago
Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian

Hi, I'm Dr. Peter. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply ASAP.

I am sorry to learn your cat has a cut. I will do my best to help you today. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice.

1- How long has this been going on?

2- Is she licking the wound?

3- Is she strictly indoors?

4- How old is she?

5- Do you know how she got cut?

It started yesterday , yes she is licking the wound , she is indoor outdoor , 10 months old And I don’t know how she received a Wound

Please give me 5-10 minutes to type your answer. No need to accept the phone call request. Thank you.

Friend, as you already know the wound is infected. I would have her checked by your family veterinarian for a hands-on examination and to start her on antibiotics. In the meantime, this is what you can do:

1- Need to stop her from licking or she is going to delay healing. Pick up an E collar (cone) in your local pet store to stop her from licking/gnawing the affected area.

Note: Keep her indoors when she has the e-collar on; do not let her outside this will be dangerous for her.

2- Pick up in your local pharmacy "Hibiclens" antimicrobial soap or chlorhexiderm scrub. Dilute 1-2 tablespoon for every cup of water. Use this mixture to flush the wound 2-3 times a day.

3- After flushing affected area as above apply a topical antibiotic like neosporin or bacitracin. Do this 2-3 times a day for the next 7-10 days.

4- Follow up with your family veterinarian.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service. If you have any follow-up questions don't hesitate to ask. If finished, please take a moment to rate my service. See you again soon!

Dr. Peter

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. Peter