Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

My ball python has had a originally frozen fuzzy (large for…

Customer Question
My ball python has...

My ball python has had a originally frozen fuzzy (large for a fuzzy) in it's mouth for an hour and half

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is wrong with the python?

It has not finished swallowing, it seems long for the shake

Veterinarian's Assistant: The Expert will know if the python will be able to digest that. What is the python's name?

Nagini

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Nagini?

Nagini is about about 8 months old and 1 1/2 feet long

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/12/2017
Cat Veterinarian: Kelly Hill, Cat Veterinarian replied 8 months ago
Kelly Hill
Kelly Hill, Cat Veterinarian

Hello. This is Dr. Hill. How big is the mouse in comparison to the width of her head at the widest point?

Also wanted to make sure that the mouse was completely thawed prior to feeding.

The mouse was bigger than the snake body, yes it was warm

I realized after I responded that it had been over an hour since you posted. I hope that Nagini eventually swallowed the mouse. My initial concern is that the fuzzy was too large for her and that she was having difficulty completely swallowing it. You want to make sure that the length of the fuzzy is no longer than the width of her head. It is a good general guideline in a younger snake.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Kelly Hill