Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

We have a cat (approx 3 years old) good health but he was a…

Customer Question
We have a cat...

We have a cat (approx 3 years old) good health but he was a rescue and came with a ear mite infection. We had him on Baytril tablets and had some success with just one ear. The other is still infected. Any ideas?

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. There are all sorts of infections the cat can pick up. I'll have you talk to the Veterinarian who'll sort out what is wrong and help you decide what to do about it. What is the cat's name?

Male cat, Bruno.

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Bruno?

No, he has been seen by a vet and has had all vaccines and is in perfect health otherwise.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
11/12/2017
Cat Veterinarian: Scott Perry, Cat Veterinarian replied 8 months ago
Scott Perry
Scott Perry, Cat Veterinarian

Hello. My name is***** and I am a veterinarian that can answer your question. I understand Bruno has been treated for ear mites with Baytril tablets, but one of the ears is continuing to be infected. I am sorry to hear about that. Did a recheck make sure that all the ear mites have been treated? This usually requires an ear cytology by the veterinarian.