Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

I accidently clipped my cat's skin when trying to cut a mat.

Customer Question
I accidently clipped my...

I accidently clipped my cat's skin when trying to cut a mat. It is bleeding and its a pretty large but superficial cut. He isn't acting like he's in pain and I put some antibiotic ointment on it. Is there anything else I should do? I just ordered clippers, I won't use grooming scissors on him again!

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. The Expert will know what to do about this bleeding. I'll connect you ASAP. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about your cat?

He is 13 yo and very healthy. He's never had any issues

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/12/2017
Cat Veterinarian: DocPaul, Veterinarian replied 9 months ago
DocPaul
DocPaul, Veterinarian

Hi.

Dr. Paul Brazzell here.

I can for sure help you with this.

Can you send me a picture of the cut- I just want to get a feel for what I am dealing with.

Paul