Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

My cat had a colectimy on Wednesday or Thursday. He came

Customer Question

Pearl,
JA: What sort of animal are we talking about?
Customer: My cat had a colectimy on Wednesday or Thursday. He came home on Fruday around 1:30 p.m. He ate very little (very small amount of Fancy Feast wet food) on Fruday nightand maybe a quarter of a small tub of Wellness wet foid and some water mixed in it today. Do I need to be concerned?
JA: OK. I'm sorry to hear that. The Expert will know if your cat will be able to digest that. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about your cat?
Customer: He is a cat.
Category: Cat Veterinary
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I am scared about his not eating and drinking very much and don't know if I should get him to the vet this morning or if his appetite will gradually come back.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Also, they said he wasn't eating at the vet office but thought that might be because he was at the vet.
Expert:  Dr. Beth replied 10 months ago.

Hi, I'm Dr. Beth and I'll do my best to help you today! To make sure I don't miss anything, please give me a moment to review your question - I am not the fastest typist so it may take me a few moments to type out a response.

Thank you for trusting us with your questions, this service is used for general information only and is not a substitute for a veterinarian patient relationship by examination.

I'm so sorry your question wasn't responded to sooner, I just came online and hope I can help.

That is quite a big surgery, and it can definitely have them out of sorts for a bit. What is your cat's name?

How is he acting otherwise, does he seem to be showing any signs of distress?