Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

Does this site cost money to get an answer? My son captured…

Customer Question
Does this site cost...

Does this site cost money to get an answer?

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is the matter with the cat?

My son captured a cat that had been neglected and hadduct tape wrapped around its neck. He has fleas, which I have treated and now he has started hacking and sounds VERY congested. He is about 9 pounds. I had Orbax on hand and have been giving him .5 ml bid. However I also have unreconstituted Cephalexin 250 mg

Veterinarian's Assistant: Using the wrong medication for fleas can be dangerous. You should definitely talk to the Veterinarian. What is the cat's name?

I got it from my vet.

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the cat?

It Is eating and drinking and using the litter box well. He is sequestered from my other cats in my son's hunting dogs travel kennel. He has no name He is a rescued discarded cat

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
Answered in 4 days by:
11/17/2017
Cat Veterinarian: PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse replied 8 months ago
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

I am very sorry to see that no one has reached out to you before now. I just came online and found that your question had not been addressed. How is your companion at this time?