Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

My cat is rubbing her face on door jambs and it's beginning…

Customer Question
My cat is rubbing...

My cat is rubbing her face on door jambs and it's beginning to harm herself and it is bleeding a little bit where she's rubbing

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. The Expert will know what to do about this bleeding. I'll connect you ASAP. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about your cat?

She recently got over a urinary tract infection. She was given amoxicillin to clear this up. She did not see if that for this

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
11/11/2017
Cat Veterinarian: Dr. Beth, Cat Veterinarian replied 8 months ago
Dr. Beth
Dr. Beth, Cat Veterinarian

Hi, I'm Dr. Beth and I'll do my best to help you today! To make sure I don't miss anything, please give me a moment to review your question - I am not the fastest typist so it may take me a few moments to type out a response.

Thank you for trusting us with your questions, this service is used for general information only and is not a substitute for a veterinarian patient relationship by examination.

I'm sorry your question wasn't responded to sooner - I just came online and hope I can help.

So cats rub their face on many things because it feels good, also it leaves their scent mark behind - but if she is doing it to the point of bleeding it makes me wonder if she may be itchy on her face.

Is her hair thin anywhere on her body? Does she nibble at her hair or skin any where?

Is she an indoor cat or does she spend some time outside?