Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

I think my cat just ate a centipede, will it kill her? It…

Customer Question
I think my cat...

I think my cat just ate a centipede, will it kill her ? It was on the wall and she was looking at it and when I pulled her away and grabbed for something to kill it withand . She went right looked back again and it was gone..... so I assumed she ate it when I could not find it anywhere

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. The Expert will know if your cat will be able to digest that. What is the cat's name and age?

Her name is ***** ***** she is about two years old now and weighs about three and one half pounds she is kind of small for her age.

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Aikido?

I am not sure if this incident had anything to do with what happened but she went right out to her litter box and relieved herself within say three to five minutes after the bug went missing. Is that a symptom from eating dangerous insects, like a centipede. I need to go and check on her again

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
11/11/2017
Cat Veterinarian: DocPaul, Veterinarian replied 5 months ago
DocPaul
DocPaul, Veterinarian

Hi.

Dr. Paul Brazzell here

I think that unless the centipede stung/ bit your cat on the way down that everything is going to be fine.

They have little poison glands that when they do bite can cause a painful local reaction.

How is Aikido doing now?

Paul

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

DocPaul
DocPaul
DocPaul
DocPaul, Veterinarian