Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

It appears she is itchy and is biting chunks of her fur. I…

Customer Question
It appears she is...

It appears she is itchy and is biting chunks of her fur. I have already treated her and her surroundings - rugs and bedding. I put a little tiny bit of hydrocortisone on the area but she has licked it off. I realy want to alleviate her suffering.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. The Expert will know if the cat will be able to digest that. What is the cat's name and age?

Kitty is saira and she is 1.5 yrs. treated for fleas already

Veterinarian's Assistant: What is the kitten's name?

Saira

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Saira?

She has just had a litter 2 months ago. Kittens are too small to treat for fleas don't want to posion them

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
11/10/2017
Cat Veterinarian: Kelly Hill, Cat Veterinarian replied 8 months ago
Kelly Hill
Kelly Hill, Cat Veterinarian

Hello. This is Dr. Hill. I need to ask a few questions in order to help you.

what did you use to treat Saira and the environment and how long ago?

Do you have a flea comb so that you can check her kittens for fleas?

There are a few products that you can use to treat fleas on eight week old kittens.