Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

My 3-1/2 year old cat is throwing up foam so I googled it…

Customer Question
My 3-1/2 year old...

My 3-1/2 year old cat is throwing up white foam so I googled it and was reading the answer when this frame popped up. However, she has never done this before and has not eaten in the last few days so I thought it might be more than gastritis.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. The Expert will know if the cat will be able to digest that. What is the cat's name?

Polly

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Polly?

Like what? She is bi-polar.

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
11/7/2017
Cat Veterinarian: DocPaul, Veterinarian replied 9 months ago
DocPaul
DocPaul, Veterinarian

Hi.

Dr. Paul Brazzell here.

I agree that there may be more going on here other than simple acute gastritis.

I am concerned about a possible foreign body or something like pancreatitis.

When is the last time she ate and last time she vomited?

Paul