Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

Cat Pin Worms? Judith is three years old and drags rear end…

Cat Pin Worms? Veterinarian's...

Cat Pin Worms?

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. There are all sorts of infestations the cat can pick up. I'll have you talk to the Veterinarian who'll sort out what is wrong and help you decide what to do about it. What is the cat's name and age?

Judith is three years old and drags rear end along carpet

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Judith?

She is outdoors and comes to our house every day, gets food and hangs out. This past week, she is not around except about 4:00 PM for food and thgen gone.

10/22/2017
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian

Hello. Thanks for writing in. My name is***** and I would be happy to help you. I AM NOT SET UP TO MAKE PHONE CALLS, BUT I WOULD BE HAPPY TO ANSWER ANY QUESTIONS YOU HAVE ONLINE. THE WEBSITE SENDS THE REQUESTS; NOT MYSELF. Cats do not get pin worms. Are you seeing worms around her rear end? If so, it most likely would be tapeworm segments, which may look like over sized pieces of rice or sesame seeds when dried. Tapeworms could cause the scooting, but anal gland problems, including an impaction or an abscess are the most common causes. You can look around her anus for any sores or drainage. It would be a good idea to have your vet check it out, because it may be difficult to see an anal gland impaction from the outside, and she may need her anal glands expressed or put on antibiotics if it is an abscess. Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. Hope this helps.

My goal is to make sure that you get all your question answered and all the information you need. IF YOU ARE SATISFIED WITH MY ANSWER, PLEASE RATE IT. Rating it is the only way I get compensated for helping you, and we can still continue our conversation after rating. If you feel like it is not helpful to you, or if there is more information you need, please respond back to me before rating. Asking more specific questions usually helps a lot. Realize that our conversation is not intended to diagnose or treat a condition. There has to be a valid veterinary-client-patient relationship established with an exam, according to law. You should always follow up with your vet.

Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Judith is my neighbor's cat but she loves to be at her "second house" while neighbors work. I don't have a text phone, only land base one. I'll share your answer with neighbor. Your answer seems to indicate a need to take Judith to a Vet for follow-up. I thank you for your prompt reply. I can't see where to rate, but it would be a very good rate. C. B. Bates

You are very welcome. Let me know if you have any other concerns.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. John