Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

Cat Veterinary

My cat came in last night and meowed and bit me when I

picked her up. She's acting...
My cat came in last night and meowed and bit me when I picked her up. She's acting better today but has a small lump my her ribs....she's getting sound good,still jumping on bed but just doesn't like you petting her...How can you tell if she bruised or broke a rib?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Some lumps are serious and some aren't. Let's see what the Veterinarian has to say. What is the cat's name and age?
Customer: Gabby and she 2 and half ..
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Gabby?
Customer: Nothing that I can think of.
10/22/2017
Dr B
Dr B, Cat Veterinarian

HI this is DRB and I would be happy to help you.....

does your cat spend anytime outdoors?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I was wondering how you can tell if she broke or bruised a rib...she's acting normal just meows when I touch that area.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ye's she goes outside

Most likley if there is a lump there and she is acting sore then she was bitten by another cat and very likley is forming an abscess in the area due to the puncture wounds cats cause because they close up and trap bacteria in the wounds....

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I've looked in that spot and don't see any bite or anything in that area.

You cannot see them until the hair is shaved with a surgical blade.....

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Oh ok..thank you

Obviously we cannot diagnose on this site..... I ma just letting you know that is most likley cause and you cannnot see the punctures until hair is completely shaved with a sx blade....

Can I answer any other questions for you....your kitty needs to see a vet and get this addressed asap and likely will need antibiotics.....Hope that helps,DRB

If you do not currently have any other questions please rate me as this is how I make money to support my family. Please give me a positive rating as that is the only way I am compensated. A positive rating will not close this question and I am more than happy to answer any follow up questions that you have. ( You can rate me at top right of page).

Please remember my answers do not replace or supersede the advice of your veterinarian as my answers do not create a valid client patient relationship as I am unable to examine your pet. Thank you very much! DrB

Dr B
Dr B, Cat Veterinarian
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I understand.. I will be taking her Monday to the vet. Thank you

Let me know if you have additional questions....Sincerely, DRB

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr B
Dr B
Dr B
Dr B, Cat Veterinarian