Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

Cat Veterinary

Stage 2 kidney disease maybe, will not eat and nausea. Gave

cerenia. Now drooling and lethargy JA...
stage 2 kidney disease maybe, will not eat and nausea. Gave cerenia. Now drooling and lethargy
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. This sounds like it might be serious. I'll let the Veterinarian know what's going on ASAP. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the cat?
Customer: thank you. The drool is grey, and also the cat is 12 years old. maine coon
10/20/2017
Scott Perry
Scott Perry, Cat Veterinarian

Hello. My name is***** and I am a veterinarian that can answer your question. I understand your cat is having problems with nausea and loss of appetite. This can be caused by a few different things including kidney disease. However, stage 2 kidney disease will not usually cause nausea, so I would not suspect that to be a reason. If the Cerenia was given more than 24 hours ago, then likely another dose will be needed. Also, if there is no evidence of liver or pancreas inflammation then steroid therapy is a good choice.

Scott Perry
Scott Perry, Cat Veterinarian
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you. May I ask you any more questions for no additional charge?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I am good with this answer for now. Thank you for your response.

No additional charge for more questions. Let me know if you have any other questions. I am here to help.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Scott Perry
Scott Perry
Scott Perry
Scott Perry, Cat Veterinarian