Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

Cat Veterinary

My five year old cat hasn't eaten or drank in threee days.

Customer Question
My five year old cat...
My five year old cat hasn't eaten or drank in threee days. she is an indoor cat. She will let us play with her when we dig her out of the closet where she has taken to hiding. Usually she is on her cat tree but she hasn't been in three days. her stomach is still soft and she will purr when petted.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Expert will know if the cat will be able to digest that. What is the cat's name?
Customer: fatso
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Fatso?
Customer: no she is normally a really quiet cat, but the last three days more than usual.
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/19/2017
Cat Veterinarian: Dr. Nicole, Cat Veterinarian replied 1 month ago
Dr. Nicole
Dr. Nicole, Cat Veterinarian

Hello, I am Dr. Nicole and I would be happy to help you with your question. I am sorry to hear about Fatso. I am working on a response right now and I will be back as quickly as possible. I tend to type a lot so please, just give me a moment.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
thank you for your time
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
no thank you

There are many times on this website that I can offer at home solutions to medical problems. Many times I can make suggestions even though I am unable to complete a thorough exam on the pet given the history. However, this situation with Fatso is much more concerning. Anytime a cat is unwilling to eat or drink, I worry that there is something more serious going on. She is not an old cat at all, but I she should be eating and drinking normally. Was there anything that you know of that she got into? Any changes or stress in the home?

Honestly, the most important thing that you could do right now would be to get her in a veterinary hospital for an exam tomorrow if possible. Because she has not been eating or drinking well, she may be quite dehydrated at this point. If she continues to not eat or drink, she will become very dehydrated and weak and the problem will only continue to get worse.

I know that you probably were looking for something that could be done with her at home, however, this is a much more serious situation that requires an exam, diagnostics and possible treatment.

Typing more...

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
no, but i am going to get off now they told me the $5- was refundable, so i would like my refund, thank you.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
May I get a response from you, Please?

I am sorry. I am only trying to help. I would be happy to provide more information if you would like. I was typing up more details for you. If you are not happy, I am truly sorry. I really try to work with people and only want what is best for her. If you need a refund, just contact customer service. They will help you out. Good night.

Dr. Gary, Cat Veterinarian