Cat Veterinary

Have Cat Questions? Ask a Cat Vet Online.

Ask a Cat Veterinarian,

He’s kidneys are failing. Is there anything I can do?

Customer Question
He’s kidneys are failing...

He’s kidneys are failing. Is there anything I can do? Looking for a miracle.

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the cat's name and age?

Thomas he’s 11

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Thomas?

He’s been hospitalized for last week

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Cat Veterinary
Answered in 1 hour by:
10/14/2017
Cat Veterinarian: Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian replied 9 months ago
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian

You're speaking with Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply. Please be patient. This may take a few minutes.

Thank you for the blood work. The important urinalysis is missing but it's reasonable to assume that it would show dilute urine consistent with chronic renal failure in an 11 year old Thomas. Regretfully, his elevations in BUN, creatinine, and phophorus aren't compatible with life and only a kidney transplant could help Thomas. I wish I did have a miracle for him. Please respond with further questions or concerns if you wish.